You think you are ready to sell your home but how do you get started? It’s a little more than putting a sign up in the front yard and expecting the ideal buyer to see it and give you the offer you dream of. Before you list your house for sale you’ll want to take some steps to ensure you’ll wow potential buyers.
- Do you have ties to the neighborhood or have you outgrown your neighborhood? Over time, family and household needs change. Maybe you need to consider an area with more recreation or better schools or something closer to work.
- What do you know about the housing market where you are selling and where you are interested in buying? Real estate market trends are fluid, there are ebbs and flows so knowing the current trend is beneficial when preparing to sell your home. You will want to make sure you have a trusted agent by your side who stays current in their knowledge of the market.
- Have you built enough equity in your home for it to be the right time to sell? If you have been in your home for less than five years, there may not be enough equity built up to get a return on your investment yet. Looking at your mortgage statement and estimated payoff with your real estate agent can help you better understand the equity you have built.
- Would it be better to consider remodeling or renovating your home and staying in it? If you’re in the neighborhood you love, perhaps upgrading or adding on is a better option. Your real estate agent can also help you make the best decisions on which renovations will bring you the best return should you choose to sell in the future.
- Has your household income changed? This is an important consideration. If you have had a decrease in your household income you might want to consider downsizing to a smaller home or condo rather than increasing in size. Likewise, if you have had an increase in income you should still consider rather or not you should increase your mortgage payment or try to stay in the same price range when moving.
Choosing the right realtor is the most important of all the considerations when selling your home. Thuy Tran and her team at Live Love South Bay, Intero Real Estate are the area market specialists in home selling, buying, area neighborhoods and local market trends. Contact Thuy today at 408-459-8881 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how she can help you decide if it is the right time to sell your home.