Hi, it’s Thuy.
Happy New Year everyone. One of the most popular activities in January is to set New Year’s resolutions, but this year, I suggest you forgo resolutions and set goals instead. Do not just set one goal; I suggest setting multiple goals. Set a goal for your health, career, family, marriage (if applicable), and anything else that is important to you. Here are several tips to help you set awesome goals, and make sure you achieve them.
- Set S.M.A.R.T. goals. Smart goals are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely. What would be an example of a S.M.A.R.T. goal? One example is to lose ten pounds in twelve months through healthy diet and exercise. It is very specific, and it is measurable because I need to lose ten pounds. It is attainable through proper diet and exercise. It is relevant because it comes from me internally because I want to be healthier. It is timely because I’m giving myself twelve months to do it.
- Make sure you write down your goals and repeat it every day, for at least 60-90 days. Why do we need to write and repeat these goals? If you don’t write your goals, they don’t exist. If you don’t repeat them and remind yourself of these goals, you’re going to forget these goals and you’re not going to work towards achieving them. Make sure you write your goals and remind yourself every day.
- Create a plan for your goals. An example would be if you wanted to buy a house in the next six months. What would be the steps to achieve this goal? Number one, meet with a Realtor® and lender to help find what you’re qualified for. Your consultants will help you with these steps by creating a plan to help lead you to your goal. Make sure you have a plan; a goal without actions is just a dream.
- Very important-once you have your goals, the next step is to take action. It is very important to follow through with your plan. Without action, you are not going to achieve your goals.
- Be kind to yourself. Any time you do something new and different, it is going to be difficult. You are going to make mistakes. You are going to have a failure. It is okay; it’s okay to mess up. It is okay to have an off day. Just remember to get back up and keep going. The mistakes you make along the way are going to be your stepping stones to achieving your success, so be kind to yourself and forgive yourself. Give yourself a lot of love, too.
I hope these steps are helpful in creating and achieving your goals. Share with us your goals in the comment sections. We would love to share our goals with you as well. We would like to help at least 20 families buy or sell their home here in the Bay area, so if you or anyone you know is looking to buy or sell, reach out to us and give us a call. We’ll be happy to sit down with you and help you customize your plan for free. Happy New Year everyone!
Your South Bay Real Estate Agent,
Connect with me on my other social channels:
Website – livelovesouthbay.com
Facebook – www.facebook.com/LiveLoveSB
YouTube – www.youtube.com/channel/UCEGAgCiy_MID_J6xlbiUppA/videos